1. “I don’t know what kind of life you had, what sorts of joys and sorrows you experienced. But even if there was something left you unfulfilled, you can’t go around seeking it at other people’s doors. Even if it is at the place you’re most familiar with, and the sort of act that is your forte.” ― 1Q84, Haruki Murakami
In relationships, we have the tendency to seek out others to compensate for something that we could not deal with in our lives. We become so selfish that we hurt others unfairly. Perhaps, a relationship partner is not what you need at this time; maybe, you still need more time to be OK just on your own [Tweet This].
2. “There is a reason God limits man’s days to make each one precious. With endless time, nothing is special.” ― The Timekeeper, Mitch Albom
You can’t buy time; neither can you take it back when it is gone. Don’t dwell on the good old times that are not going to come back; instead, use your time into some forms of creative efforts. Time is limited so better spend it in doing something that will make you happy.
3. “It’s always necessary to know when a stage of one’s life has ended. If you stubbornly cling to it after the need has passed, you lose the joy and meaning of the rest.” ― The Fifth Mountain, Paulo Coelho
We have always been encouraged to be optimistic and keep our hopes high. But there are times when we need to give up hope and simply call it the end. There is more to life than what you are holding on to now and you don’t want to miss those opportunities that will give you better hopes and dreams. (Read Also: The Seven Stages of Moving On)
4. “Don’t hang on to what you are. Give up something to rise higher. Give up something good if you want something better.” ― Be All You Can Be, John C. Maxwell
What are you willing to let go and give up today in order to be better a person tomorrow? Challenge the status quo, get out of your comfort zone, and get into your courage zone.
5. “Things will go where they’re supposed to go if you just let them take their natural course. Despite your best efforts, people are going to be hurt when it’s time for them to be hurt.” ― Norwegian Wood, Haruki Murakami
What this tells us is that there is a time for everything. There is a time to kill and a time to heal; a time to hate and a time to love; a time to weep and a time to laugh. Don’t stay too long in the past and get stuck with it. Let the time flow and be ready to welcome the next season in your life.
6. “It’s important in life to conclude things properly. Only then can you let go. Otherwise, you are left with words you should have said but never did, and your heart is heavy with remorse.” ― Life of Pie, Yann Martel
I know well how it feels to be left in the dark, desperately fumbling for answers, and constantly asking the big WHY. When you warmly welcome people into your life and time has come for them to leave, would it be fair to demand that they, at least, say goodbye? Unfortunately, you can’t expect people to do this all the time. So, do yourself a favor and be the one to say goodbye. Closure starts when you decide that it is over [Tweet This].
7. “I don’t think that we’re meant to understand it all the time. I think that sometimes we just have to have faith.” ― A Walk To Remember, Nicholas Sparks
You will experience a very painful situation when you feel that nothing really makes sense; when you can’t see anything clearly even when your eyes are widely open. When this happened to me last year, I never wanted to be anyone. I simply wanted to die! (Related Story: The Heartbreak That Transformed Me)
So what saved me? It’s FAITH. You cannot give up faith. That is non-negotiable. Have faith when in doubt. Pray when you don’t know the answers. Surrender and talk to the Author and Finisher of your faith.
8. “We survived. You and I. And those who survived have a duty. Our duty is to do our best to keep on living. Even when our lives are not perfect.” ― Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage, Haruki Murakami
It is written: “In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart. I have overcome the world (John 16:33 NIV).” You will survive whatever you are going through right now! I survived. You will, too! Life will always change us. Choose to grow. Press on. Choose to move forward. Keep on living. God loves you!
Which of these quotes resonates deeply in your heart? How is it relevant to your present or past situation? I’d love to learn from you! Please share your story in the comments section below or tweet it to @jaysonsnts.